Why attend this course?
This course is designed for qualified dental nurses to confidently and safely integrate the knowledge of diagnostic, treatment planning, surgical and restorative protocols of implant dentistry into their practice. On completion of the course and examination, you will be awarded with the nationally recognised qualification of NEBDN Certificate in Dental Implant Nursing.
What will I learn?
This course will teach all aspects of implant dentistry from basic surgical anatomy and physiology, the latest minimally traumatic extraction techniques, planning a patient’s surgical and restorative journey to maintenance and complications. The importance of team approach as well as an evidence-based understanding of the components, equipment, materials and technologies available to the dental implant team will also be covered. This course will have a heavy emphasis on hands-on clinical application. You will gain the required clinical competence by assisting dentists during the provision of surgical and restorative stages of implant treatment.
This qualification aims to provide:
- A standardised and quality assured learning experience at an NEBDN accredited centre
- An independent and objective assessment of knowledge by NEBDN
- Develop a detailed Record of Competence at ICE Postgraduate Dental Institute & Hospital as evidence of practical experience at the workplace
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification awarded by NEBDN in Dental Implant Nursing
How will I be assessed?
This certificate aims to provide a standardised and quality assured learning experience, the development of a detailed Record of Competence (RoC) and an independent and objective assessment of knowledge by the NEBDN.
The course is a very practical qualification with a heavy emphasis on hands-on clinical application. You will gain the required clinical competence by assisting dentists in the School of Implant Dentistry during the provision of surgical and restorative stages of implant treatment.
Assessments will include:
- Practical Competence Assessment Sheets
- Directly Observed Clinical Skills Assessments
- Case Studies
- Supplementary Outcomes
To apply for the NEBDN Certificate in Dental Implant Nursing at ICE you must:
- Be registered with the General Dental Council (GDC) or the Irish Dental Council
- Have clinical indemnity insurance
- Be able to meet the work-based clinical requirements of the Record of Competence.
- Be sufficiently fluent in written and spoken English to communicate effectively with patients, their relatives, the dental team and other healthcare professionals in the UK (GDC standards for the Dental Team, 2.1.2).