Feb 12th & 13th, 2021
Apr 9th & 10th, 2021
13 eCPD –
GDC Development Outcomes A, B and C
Why attend this course?
This course aims to empower the dental team with the confidence and knowledge to recognise, monitor and treat peri-implant disease.
What will I learn about implant maintenance?
The course will cover the core aspects of monitoring, assessment and tests to determine the oral health of the implant patient.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand the components and different implant types.
- Identify and modify the risk factors for the health of the peri-implant tissues.
- Identify the differences in periodontal diseases and peri-implant diseases.
- Diagnose peri-implant disease.
- Use evidence-based guidelines to help develop practice protocols for monitoring and maintaining dental implants.
- Use evidence-based guidelines to help develop practice protocols for managing and treating peri-implant disease.
- Have hands-on experience of correcting probing and debridement techniques.
- Develop further understanding of referral pathways and when to refer.
Candidates completing the course will be awarded an eCPD certificate fulfilling GDC learning outcomes A, B and C.
How does COVID-19 affect this course?
The next cohort, May 1st & 2nd, 2020, has been postponed indefinitely due to the coronavirus pandemic. For more information on how this affects you and your course, please visit the coronavirus updates page.
You will also be receiving emails with developments on plans for teaching and assessments from the Programmes Administrator.
How long does the course last?
This is a 2-day course over a Friday and a Saturday.
I am booked on the course but I can no longer make it?
If you have made a payment, or have reserved a place, please let our Programmes Admin know as soon as possible, in writing, so we can reallocate your place on the course. In terms of payments, we offer a full refund if you inform us more than 4 weeks prior to the course start date.
If you are half way through your course, and can no longer continue, you will have the option to join the next cohort in accordance with where you left off.
Please note; ICE will do whatever they can to make sure you are able to attend/ complete your desired course.
Who can I contact about more information?
Please contact our Programmes Administrator:
0161 413 8335
Book your place!
I left the course with new ideas and protocols to update the rest of the team at my practice and have gained an improved confidence in my abilities to provide the best service and care for our patients and support the rest of the dental team.”
Would highly recommend the implant maintenance course for Hygienists. It was delivered by a professional, welcoming team of speakers. A very well organised course with lots of hands on experience. I feel so much more confident maintaining my patients with implants.”
– Kate. T
Excellent course. I can’t wait to get back to my practice with new knowledge!”
– Angela. C